Tuesday, January 3, 2012

RECORDINGS OF THE PUBLIC SPEAKING CHEKHOV; A CENTRAL ELEMENT OF OUR RESEARCH



"It is perhaps a stupid cliche, but I always fall for it, that the 'real' person has something that connects us all. Something weirdly innocent."

"I don't speak; rather things are spoken through me. Or rather, I am spoken and I initially carry neither the responsibility for what is said, nor can I establish direct and unmediated feelings towards what is said, because I don't know how the text I am hearing develops, nor can I influence it. In this way, lives, texts and narratives can be made audible, free from any psychology and pathos and their essence and authorship cannot be accounted for. The technique of mediated speech takes the replacement and dissolution of individuality and identity, as is often the case in Gob Squad's way of performing, to extremes."

From Gob Squad Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment